- 8 potatoes, chopped
- 3 leeks, white and light green parts only, cut into 1/4-inch rounds
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 tablespoons margarine
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk
- Place the potatoes, leeks, onion, margarine, chicken bouillon, salt, and pepper in a slow cooker. Pour enough water over mixture to cover. Cook on High 4 hours.
- Stir in the evaporated milk. Ladle soup into a blender and blend until smooth. Serve hot.
“This is an excellent slow-cooker recipe I got from my sister. It’s very simple to prepare and easy to adjust with different add-ins and garnishes. I like to add 2 cups of diced cooked vegetables (peas, corn, carrots, beans, broccoli, etc.) and a chopped smoked sausage after the soup is pureed. You can garnish the soup when serving with a little sour cream, cooked, crumbled bacon, grated cheddar cheese, or chopped chives. ” Recipe
My family loves Mexican food and this Enchilada Veggie Quesadillas was the perfect dish to add to our collection.
2 medium sized flour tortilla shells
2 tablespoon enchilada sauce
1/4 cup sweet bell peppers (yellow, red, or orange)
1/4 cup black beans
1/4 cup corn
1 ounce of cheese (your preferred favorite)
1 tablespoon sour cream
cilantro (optional garnish)
- Spread 1 tablespoon enchilada sauce on each tortilla shell
- Broil shell until it becomes crispy (to your liking)
- Top tortilla with remaining ingredients except for sour cream and cilantro
- Place bask in oven and baked until cheese melts
- Remove from oven and top with sour cream and (optional) cilantro.
I found this recipe a while ago on Pinterest but it never had a valid link attached to it so I’m not really sure where it came from but props to them for figuring this out. It’s super easy and extremely delicious!
1 roast (I use beef and whatever size you need to feed your family, this recipe isn’t an exact science.)
1 package Ranch dressing mix1 package brown gravy mix
1 package Italian dressing mix
- Put frozen roast in to crock pot
- Mix Ranch dressing packet, brown gravy packet, and Italian dressing packet with 1/2 cup of water. Pour over roast.
- Put temperature to low and cook for 8-10 hours.
It’s a chilly summer day today and I thought some Crock Pot Chicken Noodle Soup would be the perfect thing to warm up my little family but not heat up the house too much by using the stove.
1 lb skinless, boneless chicken breasts
1 tsp olive oil8 cups fat free chicken broth
3 large carrots, chopped
3 celery stalks, chopped
1 small yellow onion, finely chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 tsp dried thyme
1/2 tsp dried rosemary
1 tsp dried dill
4 oz egg noodles
juice from 1/2 a lemon
1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
salt and pepper to taste
- Combine all ingredients except the egg noodles and parsley in a crock pot.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours. Remove chicken and chop.
- Add egg noodles, parsley and lemon juice to crock pot, and cook until noodles are tender, about 10-15 minutes. Return chicken to slow cooker, and serve