- 8 potatoes, chopped
- 3 leeks, white and light green parts only, cut into 1/4-inch rounds
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 tablespoons margarine
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk
- Place the potatoes, leeks, onion, margarine, chicken bouillon, salt, and pepper in a slow cooker. Pour enough water over mixture to cover. Cook on High 4 hours.
- Stir in the evaporated milk. Ladle soup into a blender and blend until smooth. Serve hot.
“This is an excellent slow-cooker recipe I got from my sister. It’s very simple to prepare and easy to adjust with different add-ins and garnishes. I like to add 2 cups of diced cooked vegetables (peas, corn, carrots, beans, broccoli, etc.) and a chopped smoked sausage after the soup is pureed. You can garnish the soup when serving with a little sour cream, cooked, crumbled bacon, grated cheddar cheese, or chopped chives. ” Recipe