Limes to me scream summer and we are just a few weeks in so I thought I’d make some Creamy Lime Squares
1 cup flour
1/4 cup powdered sugar
1/4 tsp salt
1 stick unsalted butter, cold
2/3 cup fresh lime juice (about 6 limes)
1 1/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup flour
2 tsp lime zest
green food coloring (optional if you want to make a darker green)
powdered sugar for topping
Preheat over to 350.
- Combine the powdered sugar, flour and sea salt in a large bowl.
- Cut in the cold butter and work with your fingers until the mixture resembles cornmeal.
- Press into a greased nine inch pan and bake for 20-25 minutes, or until golden.
- Whisk together the granulated sugar and flour in a bowl.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, whisking well after each addition.
- Add the zest, lime juice and optional food coloring and mix until everything is smooth and combined.
- Pour filling over hot crust and return to over to bake for 20 minutes.
- Let cool completely in the pan before slicing and dusting with powdered sugar.