Crepes are one of those special breakfasts in our house that only happen a few times a year but everyone loves them. I have tried many different crepe recipes. When I found this Crepes and Cream recipe I never looked back. They are delicious and turn out perfectly every time. We like to top these with our favorite seasonal fruit.
1/2 cup melted butter
1/3 cup sugar
1 cup milk
1/4 cup water
1 tsp. vanilla
1 cup flour
dash of salt
1 cup sour cream
1 8 oz. package cream cheese at room temperature
1 cup powdered sugar
1. In a blender, lace all ingredients, except flour. Blend together
2. Sprinkle in flour, blend until incorporated.
3. You may choose to refrigerate the batter for 1 hour or even over-night. Refrigerating makes the crepes lighter. You can put the entire blender into the refrigerator.
4. After refrigerating the batter, blend again on high for 1 minute. This adds air into the batter and makes the crepe even lighter.
5. Lightly butter or spray a non-stick skillet and place on medium heat. (you may need to adjust heat according to how fast the crepes are cooking, don’t cook them on high, they will burn.) Pour 1/4 cup of batter into the skillet and SWIRL pan around until the bottom of the pan is covered with a very think layer of batter.
6. Cook for about 30 seconds or until edges can be lifted with a spatula.
7. Flip the crepe and cook opposite side for 5-10 seconds. Crepe should slide right out of the pan. Use wax paper between crepes.
1. Combine all ingredients and mix with an electric beater.
Makes 18-20 crepes